Nashwaaksis United Church (NUC) has an obligation to provide weekly Sunday services for the purpose of worship and fellowship. However, from time to time, events outside the control of NUC may require the cancellation of a service.
Reasons for cancellation can be categorized as follow:
1. Major weather related events such as snow storms, flooding, etc.
2. Health related issue with our clergy
3. Facility related issues such as loss of power, heating, damages, etc.
4. Other events not covered above.
It is understood this cancellation policy will only be invoked in cases where the health and/or safety of individuals will be at risk or ministerial leadership at a service cannot be provided. This policy does not apply to other NUC sponsored and non-sponsored activities offered at the facility.
· The Minister (in charge of worship) shall, as early as possible prior to the Sunday Service, contact the Council Chair (or Vice-Chair) and at least one other member of the Council Executive to determine if the service should be cancelled.
· Where consensus exists, a service can be cancelled.
· Where the Minister is unavailable, the Council Chair (or Vice-Chair) and at least two members of Council Executive shall make the decision.
· Every effort should be made to finalize this determination prior to 9:00 am on the morning of the service so that a public service radio announcement can be made through radio station Fox105.3 FM which covers106.9 FM and KHJ (1260 AM and 103.5 FM). Please also check Storm Center/CBC New Brunswick, then go to “Fredericton” where cancellations will be listed. You can also check firstname.lastname@example.org. An email will also be sent to individuals who have registered their email address with the Office.
· A summary of this policy will be posted as part of the announcements in the Church Bulletin during the latter part of fall each year.